You liked Galaxy S6 Edge ? You will love Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
Where as most of their concurrents will unveil their new flagships during IFA on September 2015, Samsung chose to unveil its new flagships for September 2015 during a special summer event. During this, Samsung announced Galaxy S6 Edge+ and Galaxy Note 5. With these flagships, they hope to avoid a new major success of Apple and its future iPhone 6S.
Globally, Galaxy S6 Edge+ is a Galaxy S6 Edge with a bigger screen. Previous model has been a success so why change ?
Furthermore, Galaxy S6 Edge+ shares a lot with the new Galaxy Note 5 since they are built on the same exact internals and have same screen size. Despite launching together and sharing some internals, there’s no S Pen for Galaxy S6 Edge+. This enjoyed feature is exclusively destined for the Note 5.
Specifications of the Galaxy S6 Edge+ are listed below :
- OS : Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with TouchWiz
- Display : 5.7 inch QHD (2560 x 1440, 518 ppi) Super AMOLED with a Dual edge screen
- Processor : Exynos 7420 octa-core (2.1 GHz quad + 1.5 GHz quad) 64 bit, 14 nm
- Storage : 32 or 64 GB, UFS 2.0 non-expandable
- RAM : 4 GB (LPDDR4)
- Rear Camera : 16 MP, f/1.9, OIS, phase detection auto focus, 4 K video, slow motion video
- Front Camera : 5 MP, f/1.9
- Network : LTE cat.9
- Connectivity : 802.11ac Wifi, 2.4/5 GHz, MIMO (2×2), 620 Mbps, Bluetooth v4.2 LE, ANT+, NFC, Location (GPS, Glonass, Beidou)
- Sensors : Accelerometer, Proximity, RGB Light, Geo-magnetic, Gyro, Fingerprint, Barometer, Hall, HRM
- Charging : Micro USB 2.0, Adaptive Fast Charging Qi wireless, Powermat wireless, fast wireless charging
- Battery : 3000 mAh non-removable
- Dimensions : 154.4 x 75.8 x 6.9 mm
- Weight : 153 g
- Colors : black sapphire, white pearl, gold platinium, green emerald
Galaxy S6 family is expanding and welcomes an another member in family with the TouchWiz we know, with a few design changes and new YouTube streaming feature which goal is to compete services like Periscope or Meerkat. Only future will tell us if this new updated flagship will be a beginning for Samsung to come back at the top in front of Apple.